OpenVisa Privacy Statement
OpenVisa is committed to protecting your privacy. You should feel secure when browsing or reviewing our Website and when purchasing any of the Services that we offer.
OpenVisa (hereinafter referred to as “OpenVisa”, “we”, “us” or “our”) operates a platform that helps people with the visa application process and connects them with registered migration agents and communities of those who have been through similar processes, whether through our website or our mobile applications (“Platform”).
We want to be upfront with you, so we have clearly listed the different companies and individuals who we may give your personal information to. This Privacy Statement sets out how we collect, store, disclose and update any data we collect about you. There are some things we can and others we can’t control and you will find this clearly stated within this Privacy Statement.
Please contact us if you have a question that is not answered by this Privacy Statement. OpenVisa is bound by and complies with the Privacy Act 1988 and National Privacy Principles.
From time to time we will update this Privacy Statement without prior notice. It is up to you to review this Privacy Statement each time you use our Website, provide personal information or make any purchases.
“Affiliates” means companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
“Third Parties” means companies or persons not related by common ownership or control (i.e. non-affiliates) or other unrelated individuals. Third Parties can be financial and non-financial companies, or persons other than you and OpenVisa.
“Personal Information” means information (which may include sensitive information) relating to a living individual who is or can be identified either from that information or from that information in conjunction with other information that is in, or is likely to come into, the possession of OpenVisa.
Collection of information
When you register as a user of OpenVisa, you will be required to enter personal information that will allow us to identify you and also provide you with any services you request. If you fail to provide us with the personal information we request, you will not be able to register with us. The information that we collect as part of the registration process may change from time to time.
We receive, store and process information, including Personal Information, that you make available to us when accessing or using our Platform and Services. Examples include when you:
- fill in any form on the Platform, such as when you register or update the details of your profile;
- access or use the Platform, such as to pay for any associated services that may be available (such as for a registered migration agent to review your application), post comments in our forums, or communicate with other users or registered migration agents;
- link your account on a Third-Party site (e.g. Facebook) to your OpenVisa Account, in which case we will obtain the Personal Information that you have provided to the Third-Party site, to the extent allowed by your settings with the Third-Party site and authorized by you; and
- communicate with OpenVisa.
Any information we collect about you will be kept securely by us. We use up-to-date security, firewall, anti-virus and encryption software to ensure the security of the data we keep.
Any payment you make on our Website will be handled by Stripe external third party service provider. We will not see or store your credit card or banking details. Please view the stripe.com websites for details of their privacy policies and security measures.
Use of anonymous information
Any visitor to our Website will leave a trace in the form of an IP address. This information is not personal in that we cannot use it to identify you. However, you should be aware that we do collect this information to help us determine how and why people visit our Website and to improve our Website and the Services that we offer.
Use of personal information
OpenVisa uses personal information to provide you with services that you request, to update our Website, to improve the Services that we provide and to develop our business. We may use your personal information to send you marketing messages including by electronic means, SMS, MMS for an unlimited period. You may opt out of receiving such messages at any time provided such messages are sent by us. We will give you the opportunity to opt out within the message that we send to you.
Our Website will also contain links to third party websites. In visiting third party websites, the collection, use or disclosure of any personal information will not be subject to this Privacy Statement. We are not able to determine or control how a third party will use your personal information.
We use, store and process information about you for the following general purposes:
- to enable you to access and use the Platform;
- to enable you to communicate with registered migration agents, including but not limited to by sending them messages or other information during the application process;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by OpenVisa or our Third Party business partners; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with Third Parties.
We may disclose your personal information to the following people/companies:
- Providers of goods or services that advertise with us. Providers may then use your personal information to send you marketing messages. If you do not want to receive any further marketing messages you should contact the sender of the message you receive.
- Companies that partner with us. Those companies may then use your personal information to send you marketing messages. If you do not want to receive any further marketing messages you should contact the sender of the message you receive.
- Essential service providers. There may be other companies that we rely on to provide Services to you. We may be required to provide your personal information to these companies to ensure that we can deliver Services to you.
- Law enforcement or government bodies. There are exceptions under the Privacy Act with regards to the provision of personal information to law enforcement or government bodies. When a legitimate request is sent to us by a law enforcement or government body we will comply with that request and may provide personal information about you without your consent.
- Companies related to us or who take control or part or all of our business. In providing personal information to us you will need to be aware of the possibility that, in future, another company may take control of part or all of our business. In that case, your personal information will be provided to that company.
Access and correction: personal data
You can request access to the personal information that we hold about you by contact us. We will endeavour to provide a written response to you within 5 business days. If any changes are required, we take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
If you are concerned about how we have dealt with your personal information you should first contact us. We will endeavour to send you a written response within 5 business days.
If you are not satisfied with the way we have dealt with your complaint, you may then complain to the Australian Information Commissioner:
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
1300 363 992